Saturday, April 28, 2018

I Am...

...slowly returning back to normal after an intestinal bug I wouldn't wish on anyone.  Well, at least not on my friends.  Feel kinda like a limp rag, with little energy and no ambition.  Plus prior to that, I pulled a muscle (yes doing something I knew better than to do, but hey, I work alone) making it uncomfortable to sit for long periods of time.  (Yes Ponita, alternating ice and heat...getting better, just not fast enough).

...a little concerned.  When I called work late Tuesday afternoon to say I'd be out one more day, I was met with the comment that my Supervisor had just wondered where I was, as it wasn't like me to miss an event.  I asked if anyone had played the answering machine, where I called in MONDAY morning before the office opened to say I was ill.  They were shocked.  Seems no one knows where the PLAY button is.  Sigh.  

...a little worried.  Poor Hubby has a kidney stone and I hate that for him.  It's not the first and probably won't be the last.  Mom once said she'd had kidney stones and gave birth 3 times...and she thought the stones hurt worse.  So I grew up believing that the closest a man could get to the pain of childbirth was a kidney stone.  According to Hubby, he must be having twins.

...mostly tired.  Of all the noise and yelling and finger pointing in what use to be called "News" and is now more akin to media hell.  I turned off the t.v. and decided to play a game on the computer.  At least THAT puts me in control for a long as I don't sit too long.

...still in possession of my sense of humor.  Because before I turned the t.v. off, I heard an award winning (retired) reporter say, "South Korea is like Charlie Brown and N. Korea is like Lucy...with the football."  That made me smile.  Not sure what it says about me, other than I can still find humor in almost anything.

Enjoy your weekend!


Ponita in Real Life said...

Oh man! Sounds like you've been bushwhacked! I'm glad the bug has left; your strength will come back. And sorry about the pulled muscle. If you can afford it, go for a few physiotherapy sessions. They really can help.

Poor hubby indeed! I remember my older sister having a kidney stone and what pain she was in. I hope his exits soon.

Where I work (big hospital) you have to call the staffing office at 6:00 a.m. if calling in sick for day shift. Then the unit I work on has to call staffing to get the sick calls for the day. There have been times when staffing didn't actually tell my unit I had called in sick so I would get a phone call at 7:35 to see why I was late. Highly annoying when you have probably settled back to sleep and the phone wakes you rather rudely. I find it hard to fathom that your folks didn't even notice you weren't there!!

Sending you healing vibes over the interwebs. Feel better soon, Hope. xoxo

savannah said...

Glad you're feeling better, even if it's only slightly better! PT, as Ponita suggested, might really help. I know it helped my knee! The MITM passed a kidney stone in Bosnia leaning against a fence! He was filming a documentary during the war, so a visit to a hospital or a doctor was slightly impossible. When he got home and saw our doc, they both said he was damn lucky it was small. I don't think he'l ever forget that pain!

I haven't anything besides joining you in that sigh regarding your supervisor and his inability to understand not only the function of an answering machine or how to operate one! ;~)