Friday, April 7, 2017

Irony

I stopped at a different gas station today to fill up. Their pumps have one of those "modern" screens which plays 30 second video clips.  Do people really need to be entertained while filling their tank?

I glanced at the screen in an effort to ignore the wind trying to burrow its way through me.  It showed, "Word of the day".  Okay, I'm all for expanding my vocabulary.  The word was "gimcrack".  Pronounced "jim krak", it was defined as,"a cheap and showy ornament. A knickknack." 

This was followed by a video of... Kanye West.

I was laughing too hard to see what came next, although it was probably a special on sodas inside the building.  

Thanks gas pump, whoever thought you'd give me the giggles?

3 comments:

Ponita in Real Life said...

That is just too funny! I would have been laughing too. :-D

savannah said...

Talk about perfect timing!!! LOL xoxox

Kim Ayres said...

Not seen any video screens at gas pumps. Presumably they will find their way over this side of the pond in the next couple of years