Thursday, February 9, 2017

Oh Honestly

To be honest, I've been taking the high road lately by utilizing a vow of silence because the state of America currently is not to my liking.  It's not the America I grew up in, where people were given the benefit of the doubt until they proved otherwise.  Where you knew your neighbors and everyone helped each other.  Where your friend's Mama could reprimand you before sending you home, where YOUR Mom already knew what had transpired by the time you arrived.  Where there were adults to look up to and admire for the wisdom they'd gained over the years through trial and error.  You know, before Twitter dumbed us down to spouting short sentences on complex subjects...with or without knowing what the hell we're talking about.

Yes my vote counted...but not the way I hoped.  And as a former Director of Elections, don't even get me started on voter fraud.  Actual cases of fraud are few and far between.  Are there dead people on poll lists?  Sure, because those lists are only purged every two years and people have the audacity to die during that time.  No one is automatically sent a ballot.  Even the dearly departed.

Sigh.

So, until I can figure out a way to help aid change productively, I've been quiet. At one point I even thought, "There aren't enough hours in the day as it is!  I work, I do Hubby's books and I'm the catchall 'Girl Friday' for our charity.  In my spare time, I sleep."

And then I saw this:


I stand corrected.  So as soon as I come up with a plan to save America, I'll let you know.  In the meantime...enjoy your day.

1 comment:

Kim Ayres said...

The world has always been a harsh place with insane rulers and corrupt people doing their bidding. But it has also always been full of amazing people who just want to help others. Fortunately we are in a position to choose who we decide to hang around with :)