Sunday, February 26, 2017

Happy Birthday Hubby!

Once upon a time, a 17 year old boy swept 16 year old me off my feet.  Years, later, he's still taking me on adventures.  His hair may have turned silver, but that boy is the best thing that ever happened to me.
  
Today he has one of those "milestone" birthdays...60.   He doesn't like the number,  but I can't imagine a world without him.  In the photo, we're about to go to his parents' 25th Anniversary vow renewal.  I remember him telling me renewals were silly...after all, if you're married, why stand up and do it again?  I agreed and promised him when got married we wouldn't need a "renewal" because we were going to do it right the first time.  I added we had a 100 year contract and if, at the ripe old age of 123 he wanted to dump me, I'd understand.  He smiled.  Hey, we're only 37 years into that contract.

Happy Birthday Big Guy....I look forward to many more adventures with you. 

 

5 comments:

Ponita in Real Life said...

Wishing your Hubby a very Happy Birthday!

Linda deV said...

Beautiful. Nice to know it still happens♥

Rachel Fox said...

Amazing photo!
x

maurcheen said...

Happy birthday Big man.

hope said...

Thanks...I've passed on your comments. He wasn't happy about the "number" involved, but he's getting use to it. And he's planning on revenge when I hit it next year. :)