Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Not Gone...just kinda tired

Yep.  He's cute. 
And curious.  
And has a set of teeth on him that would make Dracula proud.
As the official blood donor and preferred chew toy, 
I'll be glad when the puppy teeth fall out!

Having a puppy again is like having a baby around:
the world revolves around his schedule as we try to teach him
the basics of "Sit", "Shake", "Stay" (yeah, right) along with a healthy dose of, "Hey, that's MY shoe...give it back!"

When he was 9 weeks old he weighed 18 pounds.
At his 12 week visit: 26 pounds.
Yesterday: 15 weeks....37 pounds.
And he's all muscle.
(And teeth).

 But he's also a lot of fun.
And on the two nights we actually had cold weather,
he snuggled up next to me on the couch and kept me warm.
My feet...and my heart.

So I'm here.
But Bourbon believes he is the center of the universe
and the computer isn't something he can chew
so he drags me away.

I'll be back.
He has to sleep sometime...right?

5 comments:

Ponita in Real Life said...

He IS super cute! And I can imagine the brattiness too. I am sure he will turn out to be a fine, well mannered companion in a year or two... when he's outgrown most of these shenanigans and the penchant to chew on you. We'll be here.

hope said...

Ponita: the last 10 minutes was enough to script an entire movie. :) But as long as we keep muttering, "He's just a puppy." we'll ALL be okay. :)

savannah said...

He's gorgeous!!! My puppy days are over now because I'm tooooo damn lazy now! ;) xoxoxo

Kim Ayres said...

It all contributes to the "bonding" experience... ;)

hope said...

Sav...evidently our last two were the exception to the rule: they never touched ANYTHING that wasn't their's. Bourbon believes everything belongs to him.

Kim: I keep telling myself this will all be funny in another year. I just finished picking up a shredded magazine I hadn't read, an ice cream box he found (and shredded) from the recycling bin while I was getting laundry out of the dryer and trying not to strangle him for the gash he put across the top of my right hand last night...I was trying to get him to go outside and he wasn't having any of it...just grabbed my hand, but with his tug/teeth, he slit the top of my hand like a knife. Hopefully we will BOTH survive. :)