Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Wow...now THAT was a stomach turning typo

Note to self: NEVER try to eat lunch and type at the same time.  Ever.  Again.

You know how you take things for granted, then suddenly realize you're not completely sure you have the whole story?  That was me today, wondering about exactly what ingredients comprised the food Hummus.  So using one hand I typed the word into Search and this popped up. 

...dark, organic material that forms in soil when plant and animal matter decays. When plants drop leaves, twigs, and other material to the ground, it piles up. This material is called leaf litter. 
When animals die, their remains add to the litter.

Um.  What?!  

Suddenly my chicken salad didn't taste so good.

So I looked again.  Yep, I'd typed in "Humus".... not "Hummus".  

So the lesson, boys and girls, is to pay attention, real attention, to what you're doing so you don't lose your appetite unexpectedly.
 

2 comments:

savannah said...

LOL ok, it's funny NOW, but i'm sure not when you were reading it. i have to admit, sometimes i think of hummus as some sort of paste i'm being forced to eat! ;) xoxox

hope said...

I've never tried it Sav....and not sure I want to after that mix up. ;)