Thursday, July 16, 2015

Thank You Thursday




Thank You Thursday salutes the Independence Fund.  I admire a group who, “believes that healing of our severely injured Veterans while working together towards a common purpose is bigger than ourselves.”   Some of you may be familiar with their annual concert in Charleston, S.C. put on by actor Gary Sinise and “The Lt. Dan Band”.

Our charity (Crossroads Wounded Warrior Archery Foundation) was fortunate to receive a grant from them to aid our mission.  Standing ovation for a veterans’ group who puts their money where their mouth is to make a GREAT difference for veterans.

3 comments:

Thom Robinson said...

I so enjoy these kind of Thank You Thursday posts :)

Ponita in Real Life said...

I second what Thom said. And admire organizations, and people like you and hubby, who do so much to help those who need it. And big Thank you Thursday to YOU! ^_^

hope said...

Thom: I'm glad! I discovered that one of the Board Members, Rich Jaddick, was a Navy Surgeon who not only served but wrote a book called "On Call In Hell". I requested it for Christmas and e-mailed him back that I couldn't put it down. It is amazing what our military does...so we don't have to.

Ponita: Thanks! It only seems right to spread around a little good will in a world where BAD gets all the headlines.