Sunday, March 29, 2015

Veteran Vision Project

 This unique project by a photographer shows soldiers in a mirror: who they are in uniform and how they view themselves.  Some of it is tough to view, but that's reality.  A book is being compiled for sale in the near future.  Going to their website shows you photos as well as a video discussing suicide among soldiers, at rate of 22 per day.  It's a rollercoaster of emotion to watch, but it's important.


This soldier was chosen for the cover of the book.
The photos are amazing and covers all walks of life.

4 comments:

Thom Robinson said...

22 per day is an alarming rate. We have to do more for those that serve save and protect us.

hope said...

Thom: it is alarming and it's the kind of story the media likes to bury under fluff...who cares what Kim Kardashian is up to today? They also have a Facebook page you can link to and they post a couple of photos a day. The diversity of individuals and their stories are amazing.

Elijah Pepper said...

I saw this project debut a few months back, and I check in every so often. This is a powerful project.

I love how it's getting out there, and getting attention.

@Hope, thank you for your writings, and post. Also thank you for the uplifting comments on my own. You put a smile on my face today when I needed.

hope said...

Elijah: I've shed a few tears over some of those photos...and wished I could reach out and hug a few soldiers. :)

Your courage to share what you're going through is amazing. I want to encourage you...but if I get to chatty, tell me to shut up. :)