Thursday, December 11, 2014

What? You Don't Want More Videos?

Wondering why I've posted videos instead of my own words lately?  (Although the Home Free video is worth the viewing!)

Well my "dumb" move recently turned into something not so fun.  The pot I thought I turned down, I turned up.  (Old stove at work with hard to read knobs from the 1970s).  I pushed the pot off the burner.  Right thing to do.  Then, without thinking, I reached across the pot to turn off the burner with my LEFT arm.  For someone who is right handed, I do a lot of stuff with my left hand.

Later on my arm stung.  It was irritated.  And it probably didn't help that an hour after the burn one of my seniors tripped and fell outside.  After ascertaining she was okay, a couple of us helped her up.  Unfortunately for me, I grabbed her stronger side and she used all 5'1" of me like a bar to pull up her big boned 5'9" frame.  The next day my arm hurt like every muscle had been ripped out of the socket but I figured time heals all wounds, right?

Until later in the week, when my "burn" began to turn into a rash which was quickly skipping down my left arm, leaving a trail as it went.  Yep, the price of stupid?

Shingles!

Fortunately it's only my left arm/hand but the blisters on my hand are the WORST in the pain department, making it difficult to type.  This took me about four times longer than usual to put on the screen.

So I'm taking it easy...if you can do that while trying not to nag one's Hubby into not overdoing it on the 2nd new knee.  So how do we stay "normal" and not blue?

The dog has no problems reminding us who feeds him. That would be me.  And His Grace is giving me that look again.

2 comments:

savannah said...

SHINGLES???? sweet mary sunshine, you poor woman! are meds helping? take it as easy as you need, sweet pea1 xoxoxox

hope said...

Yes ma'am, the meds are working. Not as horrible as I've always heard but it does tend to feel like someone has stabbed a knife in your arm when you least expect it. :)

Your cake looked wonderful... I put together a batch of fruitcake cookies this afternoon that have to sit until tomorrow in the fridge.