Wednesday, July 30, 2014

African Attitude

Not all of Hubby's "trophies" were taken with a weapon.  Many were taken with a camera, allowing me to put together an impressive photo book of his trip.  You really do need to click on each photo to get the full effect. 

Sometimes these animals just didn't look real with their distinctive colors, 
as if they were painstakingly hand painted. 






Then there were the animals which either looked like 
spare parts hastily assembled...
...or proof that God has a sense of humor.


After a while, I found myself drawn in by the amusing,
spur of the moment, 
hey-that's-not-exactly-what-I-was-aiming-for shots.  

 
The face only a Mother could love.



I keep hearing Robert De Niro in my head mumbling, "You talking to me?"
 


African raspberry.



"If I hide behind a tree, no one can see me."
 
 
 
"Hey!  I can see Friday from here."
(followed by De Niro), 
"You looking at ME?!"
 
But my favorite shot by far, 
is one which makes me laugh out loud. 
There's just something about that flip of the head 
that translates into a whole new attitude.


3 comments:

savannah said...

GREAT photos!! LOL I'm glad The Husband had a good trip! :) xoxoxo

(thanks for stopping by, sweet pea!)

Ponita in Real Life said...

Wonderful shots! I'm glad he got in some time for photography. Always nice to see the animals as living trophies sometimes. :-)

maurcheen said...

wow! great (camera) shots. I don't think I could kill a living creature. No, I KNOW I couldn't. But yes, I do eat them. :)

xxx