Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Still Doing the Backstroke

Ah, the joy of the aftermath of a good deed: thank you letters and tax receipts.  If I don't bleed to death from paper cuts, I promise to post something fun soon.

In the meantime, one of our Board members is involved with another local organization which decided to donate some of the proceeds from their fundraiser to us.  Sounded like a good idea at the time; make a display table and reap the benefits.  Now we've been "recruited" to prepare wild game for their food tasting and provide all the stuff necessary to serve and eat.  Sigh.  All of us have full time jobs and with the various prior commitments, that leaves one Board member, Hubby and me to serve an estimated 500 or more people. I hope the t.v. crew seeks out Hubby to be the group spokesman.

Hey, at least we're not being asked to hump a 60 lb. backpack and a weapon through a desert in a not friendly country.

Bear with me...I shall return.  

1 comment:

maurcheen said...

Bear with me.,, love it!
XXX
:)