Saturday, January 11, 2014

January Jolt

Last week it FELT like January...especially leaving the house for work when it was 14 degrees!  (-10 C).

Today, it turned springlike and we had THUNDERSTORMS this afternoon that left the yard flooded.  And had Hubby calling me from out back in his shop to declare, "You have got to see this rainbow!  Grab your camera!"

I did and it was much more spectacular than it shows.  It was also raining, which wasn't apparent until I got past that big old pecan tree out front.

Even in the wide open spaces of the country, it's still hard to get past the power lines. 

Now I did ask for an "odd" Christmas present...an ornamental windmill.  
After all, what's a farmhouse without a windmill?

 I kept thinking how Kim Ayres would bring out the deep colors 
in these shots..because this doesn't do the sky justice!

This feels more country like...looking out to the fields which have been harvested.

But merely turning around gave me the best shot of all.

Have a good weekend y'all!


3 comments:

Ponita in Real Life said...

Great photos, Hope! Especially that last one, that incorporates all the elements of the first ones. :-)

Kim Ayres said...

Kim Ayres would say, "Aw shit, I don't know what I'm doing, I'm a portrait photographer..."

You got some great photos there, missus :)

hope said...

Ponita: that shot is now my desktop wallpaper. :)

Kim: no, you're a visual storyteller that always makes me want to know the rest of the story. :)