Sunday, November 3, 2013

Proud Because She's There


This morning's update from Kinga at the World Para Championship Games was a telling quote from one of her favorites, Mother Teresa.  

 "God does not require us to succeed; He only requires that you try."

If they gave out gold medals for simply trying your best, Kinga would be at the front of the line.  

 A little while later she offered this:   
                        
 “Team USA had a great day of shooting! I won my first match against Ukraine 6/2 and lost my second match against China 2/6.  
                                
I'm proud of myself of making it this far, learned a lot of lessons this past few days. Was fighting till the end with a last arrow a 10. 
            
Tomorrow morning at 11:20 am I shoot Mixed Team Round with my teammate Michael Lukow! We will make a great team! Go USA!”

There’s an 11 hour difference from my computer to Kinga’s playing field.  So while I’m fast asleep tonight, she will be making her way toward yet another challenge.  And no matter what the final score, she’ll always be a winner in my book.  Because she tried. 

UPDATE:  Kinga and fellow team member Michael Lukow also competed as a Team.  They were, as Kinga put it, "retired by Poland", who took the match.  Still proud of our girl!