Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Weird Dance

How about a Smoke Tornado?

When I was a kid, "Dust Devils" use to fascinate me.
I couldn't comprehend how wind could grab up dirt and leaves 
and make them dance in thin air.

This afternoon Hubby called me outside.
The farmers across the road were burning off their harvested corn field.  
This was only one of the "Smoke-nados" we watched for the next 15 minutes.

Hearing the distant fire crackle and watching these plumes dance,
I was glad they were a momentary spectacle.

But while they lasted, 
what a show!

4 comments:

Titus said...

How impressive is that! I fully expect a Tasmanian Devil to be under each one.

hope said...

Titus: one was so huge, I watched in jaw dropping disbelief, like a kid. A few minutes later we found ourselves in the middle of a momentary whirlwind: the smoke had dissipated, but the wind whipped around us for a minute or two before heading on it's way. Wild!

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

"The Road Less Traveled" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2013/09/a-sunday-drive_8.html

Chef Files said...

I too have a penchant for weird weather and its behaviour. Where some shy away I tend to find myself at the front line marvelling at Mother Nature, her oul frosty self!