Thursday, August 29, 2013

Subliminal Message

See this woman?
She deserves to go to the 2013 World Championships in Bangkok.
See that dog?
He gets to go too.

I appreciate all of you who are sharing Kinga's story.  
The short dude is her Service Dog, Balto.  He's pretty special too.  
He has his own medal for bravery: 
he was shot twice last year protecting their home when burglars broke in. 
(He's fine now...saw him in June and he let me scratch his ears).

Donations are starting to roll in...please help us keep them coming!

While you enjoy a Labor Day weekend remember:
 deployed military don't get to attend holiday barbecues 
with friends and family.

7 comments:

Chef Files said...

A worthy cause hen, good for you.

hope said...

Chef: I hope we can bake a celebratory cake! Kinga is so big hearted that she's vowed that any funds raised over her goal, she is donating back to our charity, so other soldiers can receive a bow and, in her words, "Get out of the house and back into the world."

maurcheen said...

Have I told you that you are a good one?

Maith an cailĂ­n! :¬)

xxx

hope said...

m: not sure, but I could use a compliment today.

Got yelled at by an angry senior citizen who refused "any more government interference in my life!" Ironically, the form it was mandatory for me to ask everyone to fill out was "In case of emergency, contact this doctor". She told me to delete her membership too.

I did. With a smile. :)

maurcheen said...

Oh dear! Well, you ARE good, and tomorrow is another day.

Must go to bed soon, the head is still a bit sore from celebrating our magnificent triumph last night. Chef is not to be disturbed! :¬)

xxx

hope said...

I'll type softly.

So, did you add anything to Sound Cloud yet?

savannah said...

xoxoxoxox well done you! i'm behind on reading, but really glad things are going well for Kinga!