Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Senior Games Are Complete

Once again, our annual Senior Citizens Fitness Games are complete.  They're more fun than athletic and there's lots of laughing.

This year the Awards Banquet included a Dance after Dinner.  And in the most politically correct way to ever be conceived, the King and Queen were selected...by drawing names out of hat.

Here's the "King" who was not so sure he wanted the job.  He began his walk around the room very slowly, head down.  Until the applause started.  This is a shot taken after he did a dance step, spread his royal robe and boogied all the way back to the throne.
And what piece of music did the Queen promenade to?  This one.
 Now it's stuck in my head and I can't get it out!

5 comments:

savannah said...

tell me that someone got a video of the king & queen! xoxoxoxo

hope said...

Sav: if I hadn't been laughing so hard, I would've remembered my new camera has a video capacity built in. I did take lots of pictures though.

mapstew said...

Sounds like great fun!

(I have a similar outfit, in red!) :¬)

xxx

Chef Files said...

Hope, the oul wans have more about them than the kids of today. Glad to see you got through the trauma of the auld 'puckers'.

hope said...

Map: and I bet you look royal wearing it. :)

Chef: they are much more fun than the cranky "younger" people I work with.