Saturday, April 20, 2013

Can I Get A "Hallelujah!"?

Friday we reached one of those moments in adulthood which is somewhere between a sigh of relief and 
the disbelief of "How the heck did we get to this age already?"
It's ours...it's really ours.
WE PAID OFF THE MORTGAGE!


And to think we almost didn't even look at it
because it seemed so small from the front.
Looks can be deceiving in real estate photos
because this "little" house goes W-A-Y back.
And not just to the 1880 original build date.
(Yes, we've added a few modern touches).

Guess this says it all.
 Think I'll go sit a spell on the porch.

11 comments:

savannah said...

HALLELUJAH!!!

well done, sister hope! cheers for you and the hubby!!! xoxoxoxo

hope said...

Thanks! It was the best thing all week...maybe this year. :)

Chef Files said...

Great feeling hen, eh? Perhaps now you can spend more time in the kitchen alongside masel?

I've even got you a wee stool to stand on.

Z said...

Congratulations, what a wonderful achievement.

hope said...

Aw Chef, you shouldn't have...but I'm glad you did. You know my Father-in-law actually made me a small wooden stool so I could reach the top shelf in these huge old cabinets. :)

Thanks Z. Of course, now Hubby wants to build a garage. :)

Ponita in Real Life said...

Congratulations to you and Hubby!! w00t!! Wonderful news.

In about 20 years, I will be able to say the same thing. Unfortunately, I will be in my mid 70s then.

It's a lovely old house. Quite spacious from the looks of things. Mine is small from the front too... and also from the side. But for one person and two fluffy felines, it works just fine. :-)

Thom said...

Hallelujah! Congrats my friend. After last years work on our house I have 30 years to go LOL

mapstew said...

I think that calls for a wee party? I'll supply the entertainment (I know a big dancin' monkey!) if you supply the swally! :¬)

xxx

hope said...

Thanks y'all! Ah Map, if you make it stateside I will be more than happy to provide the adult beverages. :)

Kim Ayres said...

Congrats :)

Pat said...

Nothing like having your own loved home.