Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Go Team Go!

I'm the first to admit I don't watch much sports any more.  Well, it's all because a college team broke my heart.  I was 12, I was/am SHORT and I was in love with Basketball.  I played it with gusto, no matter how many times the boy in my neighborhood ran me into the garage wall, claiming he was trying to toughen me up and improve my game.   My favorite college team, USC, the REAL USC, as in University of South Carolina, had the best basketball team around that year.  I watched Carolina ballgames on t.v. with my Dad and dreamed of going to USC, maybe even attending Basketball games.

By the time I got there, they weren't just bad, they stunk.

Sigh.

So now I only watch the annual football (American version, gentlemen) rivalry between USC and Clemson so I can participate in the conversation the next day.  Since my temporary office is located in the Athletic Dept., it's a must.  It's funny...my co-workers who pull so hard for USC didn't even go there  In fact, I'm the only one with a USC diploma.

Today, USC made it to the Outback Bowl against Michigan, one of the top 10 teams, which is a big deal if you're into this stuff.

And we just WON in a breath taking, back and forth, edge of your seat game.  Which is good since it took three and a half hours to play.  As a girl person I do wonder: exactly how hard do you have to hit a guy to send his helmet sailing off and down the field?!

So if you dine at an Outback Steakhouse tomorrow, Jan. 2nd, a free blooming onion can be yours...because Carolina won.  (Would've been coconut shrimp if Michigan was the victor).

Ah the irony that little shrimpy me pulled for a team which has a Gamecock for a mascot... beat the mighty Wolverines.

Who says chickens aren't tough?

6 comments:

mapstew said...

What, my friend, is a 'blooming onion'? :¬)

xxx

hope said...

An appetizer that you can view if you go here
http://www.pe.com/iguide/dining/dining-headlines/20130102-dining-free-bloomin-onion-at-outback.ece

mapstew said...

I went, I saw, I'll pass. :¬)

xxx

Pat said...

Happy New Year Hope.

Chef Files said...

Size isn't important in sport doll face, the sheer fact that a beautiful woman like yourself loves sport impresses me no end.

hope said...

Map: doesn't do anything for me either. Then again, I don't like onion rings and that's what this boils down to.

Thanks Pat. You too!

Chef: I have my moments, sports wise.