Wednesday, December 12, 2012

For Our Favorite Chef....who is not afeard of 12/21/12 either

 As promised.  Oh, I tried to post on your blog but the computer I utilize for several hours a day does not like blogging, therefore it refuses to post.

CINNAMON PECANS

1 teaspoon cold water
1 egg white
1 pound pecans: which equals about 4 cups, shelled.
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

Mix egg white and water until frothy. Add pecans and toss gently, until nuts are coated. In a separate bowl, mix other ingredients, then combine with nut mixture. Again, stir gently. Spread pecans on a non-greased cookie sheet. Bake at 225 degrees for one hour....stirring pecans around every 15 minutes.

Cool on wax paper....and eat!

5 comments:

Titus said...

Don't quite understand, but yum!

savannah said...

I'm going to make these for the MITM! Thanks! xox

Chef Files said...

Delightful recipe hen! I now intend on adding this treat to my own table this Christmas. Especially as it seems that the Mayans may have miscalculated in my reckoning by a mere 5 billion years.

I doubt that the first batch of these wee beauties will make it past the chef though!

hope said...

Titus, it stems for a conversation Chef and I had about the Mayans. :)

Sav: they are worth the effort!

Chef: Yep, I have a hard time keeping myself out of them as well...so I usually do 2 batches. ;)

mapstew said...

Níl ort ach an-bhlasta! :¬)

xxx