Thursday, August 2, 2012

Take a Second Look


As a kid you believe finally obtaining “Grown up” status will make everything fall into place and 95% of the time life will go your way.  The other 5% would, sadly, be dedicated to going to work, which was better than school only because you would get money to do that.  Besides, my parents taught me that working was the correct way to obtain money.

This morning I contemplated starting the day by screaming, “It’s not FAIR!” at the top of my lungs.  However that would (a)  Scare Hubby out of a sound sleep (b)  Only underscore my frustration rather than solve anything and (c) truth is, Life isn’t fair.

So I pulled on my Big Girl panties and went to work, even though it is the source of my frustration.

Opening my e-mail, I found yet another forward from one of my seniors.  It was able to melt my frustration into a warm fuzzy which was truly needed.  Whether you deem it cornball, a cliche or something you received two years ago, the sentiment helped get me back on track.  So as I sit here in  “Hell’s Hallway” remember the following:

There are at least two people in this world that you would die for.

At least 15 people in this world love you in some way.


The only reason anyone would ever hate you is because
they want to be just like you.

Your smile can bring happiness to anyone, even if they don't like you.


Every night, SOMEONE thinks about you before they go to sleep.


You mean the world to someone.


You are special and unique.


Someone that you don't even know exists loves you.


When you make the biggest mistake ever,
something good comes from it.

When you think the world has turned its back on you,
 take another look.

Always remember the compliments you received. 
Forget about the rude.

"Whenever God Closes One Door 
He Always Opens
Another, 
Even Though
Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway"



For Thom


3 comments:

Thom Robinson said...

Well glad you pulled on the big girl panties. I like your email, but disagree with the last paragraph and I'm just going to leave it at that.

hope said...

Thom: and that's okay.

Unlike many "Christians", my beliefs are mine but I don't feel the need to shove them down anyone's throat. I seem to take that "Judge not" stuff to heart more than some who attend church. ;)

I probably need to add that photo I saw on Google+ yesterday from Alexander Graham Bell. May add it to the end here if I can find it again.

Thom Robinson said...

:) I knew you'd understand :)