Thursday, August 16, 2012

Friday 55

Did you write a 55 word story?  Better yet, did you share it with the g-man?  If so, carry on.


“I know it’s hard to hear,” she began as his eyes widened.
“And what you’ve done is extraordinary.  
 Really,” she added, seeing his lip quiver.

“But honestly,” she smiled, 
“the Mark Spitz poster hanging on my door as a kid 
was because his generation swam in a Speedo.   
They didn’t model one in a bathtub.”




And in case you haven't seen it....
 By the way,
he's not selling Speedos.
He's selling Louis Vuitton luggage. 
Really.


NOTE: Oh the irony of stumbling on this story.
I just got a news feed "Phelps May Be In Hot Water"
because someone published this photo 
a day earlier than allowed by Olympic rules.

15 comments:

Ponita in Real Life said...

His expression in the bath tub is one of "I feel cheap... good thing I'm getting paid big bucks for this." What goes through the minds of ad execs? Some things are so tastelessly presented, it's ridiculous.

Daydreamertoo said...

Haha. I'm with Ponita, he doesn't look too almighty impressed in that bath tub. Lovely humour. Glad mine made you giggle out loud ;)

Alice Audrey said...

LOL. I hadn't seen it. Seems these days the product being pushed is always in the background.

manicddaily said...

Yikes. Awful. I hadn't seen. Agh. Fun piece though. k.

izzy said...

Oh my G--, how ridiculous is that?!
Thanks for participating and visiting!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

ha ha!

d. moll, l.ac. said...

ha ha!

G-Man said...

Just make sure that you are drooling over the right set of luggage...:P
You are such a scamp today...
Loved your ambiguous 55 Hope
Thanks for playing, and thanks for making some comment rounds today, don't think that I didn't notice.
Have a Kick Ass Week-End

magiceye said...

lol! this was lovely!

Akelamalu said...

Not many men can look good in speedos. ;)

Brian Miller said...

errr....luggage...yeah...haha...

PattiKen said...

Well, at least it's not some pneumatic bimbo in a bikini, but it's still tasteless. So that's supposed to make me want to go buy luggage that costs more than my first car? Bwahahaha.

Lydia said...

Well, I loved your 55. And I think the ad is totally goofy!

Pat said...

Hi Hope. I had to pop over after your kind words. It's not the first time Kim has pushed me in the right direction. I'll come again:)

hope said...

Yeah Pat! Please do return.