Thursday, May 17, 2012

What I've Been Doing on my Spring Vacation

I'm in Week #2 of "Use those vacation days or lose them!".  Surprisingly, the house is no cleaner than it was last week.  Obviously this is MY way of relaxing.

And I've been learning new skills, which I will be polishing for a long time.  I know, some of you are tired of hearing about this, but it's so nice to be a part of something positive that I have to share once more.

This week I "learned" to create a website for the Crossroads Wounded Warrior Archery Foundation.  If you get a chance, visit and tell me what you think.

But be kind.  I'm one of those technically challenged people with thin skins and large tear ducts.  :)

6 comments:

Thom Robinson said...

LOL You? Beautiful site my friend.

hope said...

Thom: you would've laughed when you saw the tears form yesterday when I hit the wrong button and thought ALL my work had disappeared! Fortunately it was an easy to fix glitch.

Titus said...

It's brilliant! You even got your possessive apostrophe in the right place!

Seriously, three cheers for you and them.

hope said...

Titus: thank you for noticing my grammatical skills...no one else does. :) The praise will be shared.

Kim Ayres said...

Something that's always worth considering when building websites, is what are you wanting them to achieve? It might be donations, volunteers, sales of items or services, or even ego massages of the site owners.

Whatever it is, the thing to do is be really clear about it on the front page, so anyone visiting knows exactly what they're getting before they have to click on anything else.

The vast majority of visitors to any website never get past the front page, so you need to call them to action up front.

Hope that helps a bit :)

hope said...

Kim: duly noted! Went back and looked at it again, then added a tagline which sums up the entire concept. Thank you!