Saturday, May 19, 2012

Seriously? Already?

Hurricane season in my part of the world runs from June 1st to Nov. 30th.  Until today.  Just found this in my e-mail:

FIRST TROPICAL STORM OF THE ATLANTIC SEASON FORMS OFF THE COAST OF SOUTH CAROLINA.

His name is Alberto and although he'll mostly hug the coast, he can reach 45 mile per hour gusts.  I'm not overly worried.  I just think it's a weird way to end a vacation: a warm up to Hurricane Season two weeks early.

Hope y'all have a good weekend.

6 comments:

Titus said...

Blow, winds, and crack your cheeks! rage! blow!
You cataracts and hurricanoes, spout
Till you have drench’d our steeples, drown’d the cocks!

Or possibly not...

hope said...

Standing ovation. :)

Our town was named after General Thomas Sumter, whose nickname was "The Gamecock"...back when chicken fighting was legal. Both my high school and university had a Gamecock as a mascot.

I'll never forget the poor guy from the local Air Force Base saying to me,"I thought you people were all religious and stuff. So how come so many of you have bumper stickers that read 'Go 'Cocks!'?"
;)

savannah said...

already is right, sugar! THIS is why i don't watch the news on the weekend! ;~) xoxoxoxox

Ponita in Real Life said...

Maybe if it starts sooner, it will end sooner?

Probably wishful thinking on my part! Hope it all blows into the ocean for the season and everyone stays safe.

Evalinn said...

Sounds dramatic. All we hope for here is some sun and warmth!

Thom Robinson said...

See what ya get for taking some much needed vacation? You know I know you've heard of it's not nice to fool Mother Nature. Guess the same goes for Father Nature when you take vacation LOL. Seriously just looked. Guess it got as close as it's going to get to you as of 5pm Easter and suppose to be moving his behind out East. :)