Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring Cleaning = Bartering and Trade

I'm usually a "New Year's" kind of cleaner...after Christmas I feel the need to have everything in it's place once the decorations are put away.  Never been one to believe that Spring is a time to clean everything I own, probably because of the thought of dust and pollen being overwhelming.  

Today I cleaned a corner...and I'd like to propose a trade.  Sometimes I think the barter system works better than money anyway.

I'm the kind of person who watches a movie on DVD once....and I'm done.  Which is why I don't own many DVDs.  But I hate to think of them being watched, then consigned to live in a drawer.  Most of my audio books I donate to the local library but I started thinking about how many folks like movies.  So here's my proposal.

Below I'll list what I've got to trade.  If you're interested, let me know which movie you'd like and what you'd like to trade for it.  (And yes, music CDs count as long as they aren't Heavy Metal/Rap/Country).  If you don't have my e-mail address, I probably have yours.

I figure, what the heck.  This might be the cheapest entertainment for all of us in this economy. 


A Bit of Fry and Laurie: Season 1
A Bit of Fry and Laurie: Season 2
My Blueberry Nights
The Sensation of Sight
Speakeasy
Return of the Secaucus 7
Racing Daylight
Matewan
The Nines (Ryan Reynolds) *
Eastern Promises (Viggo Mortensen/Naomi Watts) *
WALL-E*
*Have my name on disk

COUNTS AS 2 "Trade" items
LOST: Season 1        (7 disks)
LOST: Season 2        (7 disks)
Season 3: Alfred Hitchcock Presents  (5 disk set)
Harper’s Island (4 disks)

5 comments:

Diomar said...

i like this site,,really entertaining. .thank you. ..visit general entertainment for all

steven said...

way to clean the scene hope!!! happy trading! steven

pilgrimchick said...

I hope you get some takers. Netflix greatly reduces the number of DVDs I have on hand at any given time.

Thom Robinson said...

Hope you get some even trades. I don't have anything to trade you with. I don't save things like that and for the longest time now I've been using streaming video etc. good luck

hope said...

Thanks y'all. I'm beginning to envision that this will all end up at the Library. :)