Thursday, January 26, 2012

Friday 55

Write a story in 55 words, then share with the g-man.  Oh come on..give it a try!  Sure is a lot more fun that listening to political debates!



“What’s wrong?” he asked softly.

Lost in thought, the stranger’s voice startled her.
His compassionate smile coaxed a reply.

"Tired of doing the right thing, then being labeled a doormat.”

“Good examples change the world,” he replied.

Lowering her gaze,
 she reflected on his words,
eyes widening as the shadow of a wing embraced her.

Illustration from the talented Christopher Stokes

8 comments:

JeannetteLS said...

This was cool. I'm chicken, so I have not yet tried this. But I love this picture and I found your story sucked me right in. Good job.

... but I still am chicken

mapstew said...

You just keep doing the right thing my friend, those labels never have enough glue to stick! :)

Xxx

Brian Miller said...

a little divine intervention and a reminder...nice...very well told 55

Margaret said...

She sounds more like a rock than a doormat- Someone very strong.

G-Man said...

Hope Springs Eternal!!!
I just Love Angelic 55's
Excellent story this week...
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Christopher Stokes said...

Thank you Brother

hope said...

JeanetteLS: that's what I said...and here I am, still playing. It's fun..come on!

Map: you are a good, kindhearted man. Thanks for being my friend.

Brian: little guardian angel never hurt.

Margaret: everyone needs reassurance sometime, huh>

G-man:which is why I like the name Hope. :)

Christopher Stokes said...

Thank you very much for using my animations. you can use any thing i have O:)