Thursday, October 27, 2011

Friday 55


Whatever treat you've cooked up, make sure to share it with the g-man; especially if it contains 55 words.  


“What’s wrong Jack?”

“I just don’t have it in me to celebrate Halloween.”

“Why?  You’re perfect,” his friend offered.  
 “I know today’s kids aren’t quite as creative.   
And they don’t believe in the Great Pumpkin.”

 “I’ve looked inside myself, 
only to discover my destiny isn’t Halloween. 
It’s pie,” Pumpkin Jack sighed.   
 “No guts, no glory.”

12 comments:

Larry said...

been long time since I've seen you I like your fifty five.

G-Man said...

Ta-Da!!...:-)
Good one Hope!
I love a Groaner!
(in this case, your story)
Most excellent 55 My Friend.
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

izzy said...

Great! no guts- but seeds!!! all that
hope and potential! Thanks.

Brian Miller said...

no guts no glory...haha...a pie might not be a bad thing..

Ponita in Real Life said...

Ha! Pumpkin pie is the BEST! Good one, Hope. Happy Friday to you!

Monkey Man said...

Hys. Ter. I. Cal.

Titus said...

Great! I still have no idea what pumpkin pie is actually like.

Mama Zen said...

That is too funny!

hope said...

Hi Larry! Been a while, I'll have to visit.

G-man: I can't be sweet all the time. :)

izzy: I was in a silly mood.

Brian:that's what Hubby thinks. I bake 'em, he eats 'em.

Ponita: I've never been a fan but I can bake one. See above.

Monkey Man: most creative comment of the day...you made me laugh. Thanks!

Titus: I'll send you the recipe.

Mama Zen: then my work is done. :)

Alice Audrey said...

Yep, all the best Jack o lanterns spill their guts.

Nara Malone said...

I'm a firm believer in multitasking,
Jack should go for both.

Enchanted Oak said...

Holy moly, Hope! Well done! Thanks for making me smile and salivate for pumpkin pie ~ my personal favorite pie of all time.