Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Guess A Form Letter Is A Reply.....sort of

Remember recently when I was very mean and made all of you read the letter I sent to those men posing as Congressmen and Senators?  And then I had the nerve to threaten you with an update.

Run.

Two of my three "representatives" utilized the  "immediate" e-mail response that says "thanks for stopping by, I'm busy but if you're really one of my constituents, I'll try to fit in a response."

Well, one of them did launch into a lecture on looking forward to, "supporting our troops in the War on Terror, repairing our economy and creating jobs, strengthening Social Security, lowering the tax burden on American families, and making the federal government more accountable and efficient."

Really?  Looking forward to doing his job?  He's been there for a while now.  Does he even read this stuff or do his aides just hit the "Reply/Send" button?

Rhetorical question.

But gentlemen...really?  You guys really need to practice on focusing past your own point of view.

Yesterday I received a more "formal" e-mail reply from one.  I give him points only because in the past, if you (a) don't agree with him or (b) are not of a color that is darker than I was born, he just ignores you.  The automated response was a miracle.  A second notice was scary.

The second one is suppose to look official because it uses my name and mailing address...as if it were a letter.  (Just no letterhead...wastes money you know).  There's a "Dear" and a beginning paragraph with "Thank You for your concerns and thoughts on government spending."

I'll give him this, the aides have taught him well.  Nice start makes you read the whole letter.

The middle of the letter was as expected, using all the right phrases: reduce deficit, fiscally responsible, bi-partisan, work together, sensible solutions, job creation and long term growth.  Okay, so I choked on "sensible solutions", which seems like an oxymoron when a politician employs it.

We conclude with the polite send off. "Again, thank you for contacting me about this very important issue. If I can ever be of any assistance to you or your family please do not hesitate to contact me."

Um, you did read my letter, right?  Or at least have an aide adding a tally to the For/Against column?

Trust me, right now, you don't WANT me to contact you again.  In fact, you probably don't even want someone to hand me a ballot with your names on it.  Next election, I'll try my best to be of assistance to you.  I'm guessing you'll be surprised to see how you tally up. 

7 comments:

Monkey Man said...

Bitch. Not you. Your congressman.

Thom said...

Those assholes!!! I can't stand politicians!! Bastards every single one of them!!! I hope you stand by your guns with the ballot...You know all my life if someone has been in office more than two terms i vote for someone else even if I like them.

savannah said...

don't get me started, sugar! it's no better here in georgia! but you already know that... xoxoxox

hope said...

Monkey Man: thanks for clarifying that. :) And I concur. Funny thing is, he use to be the head of the state's Unemployment Office...you'd think he'd get it.

Thom: I didn't vote for a couple of these idiots the first time. I'm just hoping more people join me in NOT voting for them again. :)

Sav: it's hard to be a southern lady when the nitwits are in charge. They don't even deserve a "bless their hearts"! :)

G-Man said...

Hope...?
You have this Political Fervor about you that I really like.
See you next week.....G

Brian Miller said...

nice...what do you expect...ugh, this is one big fiasco...who do you really think they are thinking of as they bicker...ugh...


GWs initials were at Natural Bridge in Va

hope said...

G-Man: it's anger posing as intelligent conversation. :)

Brian: thanks for the name of the bridge old GW visited! I keep saying I'm going to stay away from anything political, then they make me nuts because they won't listen to anything but the sounds of their own voices!