Saturday, May 7, 2011

For Dan

Each of us yearns to do something in life that perhaps we just can't explain in a way that everyone will understand.  For Dan, that would be to hug a monkey.

No, I don't know why.  But I think it's sweet....as long as he stays away from the chimps who've grown up showing a new aversion to the human who raised them.  No one needs their face rearranged by wild instinct.

In Dan's honor, here's a link where you can help feed primates who were once loved, then tossed aside.  The reasons are often unknown, but I suspect it's because they'd passed the "cute" stage.  Care2 allows you to aid many worthy causes: all you have to do is click on the link and corporations will donate for you.

So Dan, this monkey's for you.   I call him Uncle George.

Nope, no idea why.  He just makes me smile.