Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Some days....

...I'd rather just be a kid.  My biggest goal would be to try and figure out how someone built so low to the ground could actually climb this tree.  For the record, it's not an oak.  It's the pecan tree in front of our house.  The old gal is probably 150 years old.

So instead I stood at the bottom and looked up.  

And tomorrow, when I am surrounded by senior citizens having their annual "Olympics",  I will mentally climb that tree and watch as they try to re-capture their own spirit of childhood fun.


7 comments:

Monkey Man said...

That's the spirit.

mapstew said...

Have fun!

(Will you physically try to climb? Go on, give it a shot!) :¬)

xxx

Ponita in Real Life said...

Hope it's a great day for you and the rest of the "kids"!! ;-)

savannah said...

sounds like a perfect wednesday activity, sugar!! xoxoxo

Larry said...

I'm with mapstew go ahead and give it a try hope, you may have a lot of fun. My luck i'd probably fall out of the tree and gain a few days vacation leave to heal from the cuts scrapes and bruises. lol


Tired Of It
Thanks for reading.

hope said...

Monkey Man...the tree would've been more fun today!

Map: I'd try but the first place to set a foot and climb would require I get a ladder first. ;)

Ponita: the seniors were great. The co-workers...not so much.

Savannah: Seniors know how to have fun.

Larry: I'm too short to try. ;)

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Sounds like a fun time that you were going to have. Hope you had a wonderful time. I'd sometimes get up in a tree then have to figure out how to get back down.