Saturday, February 5, 2011

Too Busy to Shank Each Other

I'll admit it...when I think of the criminal justice system in America, I often envision it as "School for Learning New Bad Social Skills"...if inmates survive their incarceration.  Here's a clip recently forwarded to me of prisoners in a Philippine jail doing a huge dance routine to Michael Jackson music.   It's a couple of years old  but it's worth watching!  It's rather amazing to watch murders, rapists and drug traffickers learn to work together instead of plotting how to gather new victims.  Here's a link to a New York Times story about the group. 

Sorry, couldn't format this smaller.

4 comments:

steven said...

can you imagine the training, the rehearsals, the challenges?! it has paid off to my eyes. steven

Ponita in Real Life said...

I bet that gave them a sense of community and purpose while they were rehearsing that. Hopefully it will carry on into the rest of their lives. Cool video!

Larry said...

hhhmmmmmm they have it down pretty good don't they.


Perfect night


Thanks Larry Moon "This Blog of Mine"

Titus said...

Really interesting hope, and I've heard about this, and similar clips, but not seen one before.
Something fascinating and yet terrifying about it too, for me. Thanks for the link, going to have to find out more.