Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Not a Hissy Fit

 I want to preface this with the following, "I AM NOT BRAGGING!"  I like four seasons, which we usually have in the correct order.   I don't like seasons changing in mid-week!

Yes.  I feel better now.

Yesterday, we in the sunny American South set a new record HIGH for February:81 degrees [27C]!  Seriously?  In FEBRUARY?  Today's high?  a mere 61....a drop of 20 degrees in less than 24 hours.

Do I think it's Global Warming?  No.  

I think Mother Nature is experiencing menopause.

And Tuesday's temperature was merely a hot flash.  

4 comments:

Enchanted Oak said...

Your theory about menopause bears merit.
We in our neck of California have had lovely 70-degree days, and now rain to bring more lovely green to our woodlands.
I'm not bragging either. Snow is forecast by Sunday, with temps in the teens. Just expressing tremendous gratitude...

steven said...

it warmed up to minus seven today - the sun was shining, there was actual water on the sidewalks, the kids were outside just loving it!!! in three weeks i'm heading to cuba - there'll be some extremely local warming of my body at that time!! steven

Peggy said...

We had temperatures in the upper 70's last week . All the snow melted and I was seeing so many birds.
This week, it's 20 something and 7 inches of snow aare predicted for tomorrow!
Menopause is the only reason that I can think of too. :)))
You made me laugh!

hope said...

Enchanted Oak...it all reminds me of that old t.v. commercial, "It's not nice to fool Mother Nature!" Except this time, she's doing the fooling!

steven: my fingers froze as they read your comment. Cuba? Really? Can't wait to hear that story!

Peggy: glad you laughed! If we can't do that, we might as well dig a hole and climb in, right? :)