Friday, December 17, 2010

Get Happy Friday

It's been a tough week.   So, right here and now, I am refilling my glass BACK to half full.  What?  You thought I picked the name "hope" by accident?     ;)

Smokey the Wonder Dog may have gone on, but memories stay forever.  I just hope St. Pete is stocked up on yellow tennis balls.

Seems like for every good Blogger friend we find in Invisible Friend Land, we see one waving goodbye.  So I'll say thanks for what you've added to my life...while holding on to the hopes (Charlie) that you won't stay completely silent and will visit on occasion.  And for the rest of you...I'll be over to your playground in a little while to stick my head in and yell, "Hi!  Anybody home?"

The Office Manager who is literally the glue which holds us together at work has a Retirement Party in two hours.  I will smother the sorrow of losing her with laughter at the joy that she is escaping this nuthouse with her brain still intact.  She DESERVES this new chapter in her life.

I will remember that we reap what we sow.  Anger at those we should feel pity for helps no one.  And if you believe in Karma, what goes around, comes around.

I will try to be cheerful and upbeat, no matter how many tales of woe I hear from my seniors this week.  Their life's work helped shape my world, the least I can do is listen.  Although the next time one of them chooses the moment before grace is said for Lunch to describe, complete with hand gestures and graphic explanation, how the Doc had to cut on either side of his penis to begin his artery surgery I might have to get out the duct tape. 

No matter what happens, I still have a Hubby who loves me no matter what I weigh... or do and a dog named Bou who still thinks I'm the greatest person on the planet when I feed him every night.  I have a home, a job and a family and although some of that often drives me nuts, I still have more than many people do at this point in time.  And for all my whining, I am truly grateful.

And if that doesn't work, I can look at the calendar and be thankful for the gift I am giving me for Christmas....A VACATION!

Here's wishing you and the ones you love a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


15 comments:

Monkey Man said...

Happy holidays to you too, Hope.

Thom said...

A vacation seems well deserved. Happy Holidays to you and your family :)

mapstew said...

And many happy returns!

(We're going to the Canaries in May, though I wish it was NOW!) :¬)

xxx

savannah said...

happy holidays, sugar! you've made me smile today. xoxoxoxoxo

Larry said...

First of all I'm totally addicted to your whining makes for good reading. and second of all I'm following you where ever you may go. I love reading your blog because you make me laugh and that is worth so much to me. Thanks for being you HOPE.
Larry @T his Blog Of Mine and thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments.

Titus said...

And God Bless You!

School Christmas Concert tonight. Wish you could have been there for the nose-picker. Not one of mine, I'm relieved to say (and there but for...)

Love, hope and holidays! What more can we ask for?

hope said...

Monkey Man, I will be checking on you shortly to see what 55 you brought to the table.

Thom: if ever a woman needed some time off. :)

Map: wow, that sounds like a plan and then some!

Savannah: ah the saving grace of southern gals is that, in spite of it all, our Scarlett O'Hara tomorrow-is-another-day stuff kicks in when the going gets tough. ;)

Larry, I'm glad I made you laugh. To me, that's the gift which keeps on giving.

Titus, YOU made me laugh with that visual. :) I'm hoping the postal pony has one more swim in him for the boys.

Brian Miller said...

a vacation sounds like a great idea...hope you have a great holiday...

steven said...

"Their life's work helped shape my world, the least I can do is listen." hope, that's the first time i've thought that thought. thankyou. steven

Ponita in Real Life said...

You, dear Hope, please do have a wonderfully Merry Christmas and a stupendously Happy New Year.

We are, each and every one of us, blessed with things we often can't see... that enrich our lives on a daily basis, little things that all add up to having a really good life. Yes, we all have our woes and our hardships, but all in all, most of us are doing well.

Our lives have been blessed with the enrichment we've gotten from lovely souls like Charlie, and I too hope he will pop in once in a while as he's able, to leave a tidbit here and there.

Please do enjoy your vacation... and I hope it takes you someplace full of peace and beauty. xoxoxo

Peggy said...

Hey Hope;

You always have me, you make me smile and count my wonderful blessings. (maybe my middle name should be Hope because of you)
Life sure is full of beginnings and endings. Those are hard for sure.
You've got your chin up and you have a great backup team for support. Starting the New year with a vacation will be the icing on the cake.

Jerry said...

For all of the tales of oddities from those oldsters...I bet you have a ton of endearing gems.

Have a blessed and gratifying Christmas.

moondustwriter said...

Best to you over the holidays
Yeh my Friday had barbs attached

Hugs

G-Man said...

Hope Springs Eternal!!

hope said...

Brian: wishing you and yours the same happy days!

steven: you're welcome. I have to remind myself sometimes that they're called "The Greatest Generation" for a reason.

Ponita: thank you for the lovely sentiments. And I hope our pal Jimmy is back amongst us soon too!

Peggy: thanks for that. I like to feed my sense of humor so the rest of me can keep going. If only my sense of humor didn't like chocolate so much. ;)

Jerry: they DO have great tales. One of them, who just turned 100 and isn't slowing down, use to ride the streetcar named "Desire" to work in Louisiana. ;)

moondustwriter: have a hug for yourself too.

G-man: I'm trying to embody my state's motto, "While I breathe, I hope." :)