Thursday, October 21, 2010

Friday 55

It's time to play "Write a story in 55 words".  And if you do, be sure to let the G-Man know.  





I learned something today.

Oh?

Yep.  
The hanging glass light fixture in rich people’s houses is a Crystalini.

What?!

The kids said, “In the movie, the rich lady slipped, but she didn’t die until the Crystalini fell down and landed on her.”

Kids.  Whadda they know?

How to make me smile on a bad day.


Who knew?  Silly me, I always thought those were called chandeliers.   But according to the after school kids, the fancy ones are known by the above name.  Perhaps the hand cut crystal ones come from Italy.
And to think I went to college and didn't know that.    :)

PS:  Um, I think some of you missed my wink, wink, nudge, nudge theme here.   This phrase is only in a kid's mind dictionary.   :)_

9 comments:

Thom said...

Well that makes two of us. We getting old or what? ROFLMAO. Not a good thing to say to some one in need of an uplift. How about do you know the way to San Jose? Hmmm

PattiKen said...

Yep, add me to the list of old folks who never heard of a Crystalini. Sounds like a drink to me. ;-)

Brian Miller said...

ha. did not know that either...but bet it would hurt to have one fall on you...nice 55.

gautami tripathy said...

I know nothing about it either!

caricatures of vultures

And do get aboard the Poetry Train every Monday
mornings and thereafter!

Eric Alder said...

THe dimunitive 'ini' ending makes it sound like a small chandelier.

Also, I've learned far more out of college than I ever learned in it - especially from my kid.

Fun 55, Hope!

Monkey Man said...

Crystalini has no definition in Dictionery.com. Maybe someone is yanking your chain.

My 55 is HERE .

G-Man said...

Yeah...
What do they know?
Regardless, the thru a childs eyes was a great interjection.
Excellent 55 My Friend.
This Totally Rocked!!
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

Akelamalu said...

Kids come up with some great names for things don't they? :)

s&s said...

I am glad you went to college and still can be in a kids' mind--grin!

How great it IS--to stay young forever. In dreams, maybe?

PEACE!
Steve E