Sunday, September 5, 2010

Post 500...is a Challenge.

My life generally works like that.  And why do anything the normal way and come up with some great, earth shattering post for #500?  No, I'm allowing myself to be led down the Silly Path by Thom.  He tagged me for the following quick questions while bribing me at the same time: we get to guess how many of his 8 will respond....and the winner will be rewarded. 

I'll play, cause it's a holiday weekend, and I'll name my 8...but they don't have to play unless they want to.  So to the questions.

 1. Why did you start blogging? Because someone basically dared me.  My exact reply was, "Like the world needs another blog!"  And yet 5 years later....

2. If you could travel anywhere in the world with no restriction of costs, where would it be and why? Always wanted to see Australia and no, I have no idea why.  Right now I'd be content with a week off from work.

3. Did you have a teacher in school that had a great influence on your life? If so, what?  Yes, more than one but all were English teachers who encouraged me to write.  2 of them I wrote Thank You notes to when my first article was published...the 3rd one I couldn't locate.
 
4. If you could spend the day with a famous person, who would it be, and what would you do? I'm having trouble with this one because society's definition of "famous people" generally doesn't interest me.  If given the choice between the U.S. President and my friends the Scottish poets, I'd pick Hugh, Rachel and JoAnne, hands down!  :)  I'd be content to just listen. [after I finished asking questions, of course].
 
5. Toilet paper – over or under?  Under.

6. Name one thing in your life that you would do over if possible. My major in college.  I would've let heart [Journalism] win out over head [Teaching].  Ironically there were no teaching jobs when I graduated.

7. Tell about your pets – if any. 2 male Chocolate Labs: a father, Smokey, and his son, Boudreaux.  But don't tell them they're pets.  They just believe I drive the car because I'm the tallest of us 3. 

8. Do you live in a small town or a large town.  Small...thankfully!




Now for my 8 Players
(who only have to play if they want to and have time)
 
Titus
mapstew
Peggy
Larry
Bill
The Warden
Moondustwriter
G-man


19 comments:

Warden Files said...

Goodness me.. this will take some thinking about, but of course I will be delighted to take part. Thank you.

Charlie said...

Congratulations, Hope, on numbah 500!

I especially like your answer to 7. We don't tell our dogs they're pets either: self-esteem and all that.

Dan said...

500!

That's an immense figure hope.

May I ask, out of all of them, which one are you most proud of?

Congratulations and here's to another 500!

Thom said...

A ha. I knew it would work. LOL. I really like your 4. Couldn't have been better. Congrats on 500. WOOT! Thanks for doing the tag. :). Have a great Sunday.

Monkey Man said...

Love these memes. Over.

savannah said...

congratulations, sugar! nicely done and what a perfect post for your 500th! ;~) xoxoxox

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Thanks for tagging me Hope, I will get around to this, maybe tomorrow where I already have one post published and the MfM scheduled to post for 1730 hrs EDT.

One really wouldn't want to make too many posts in one day, they might be confused for Thom :}

OH I forgot to say I liked your answers. You and I are on the same wavelength with them.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

OH, congrats on Post 500,

steven said...

congratulations and thankyou for your five hundred posts! steven

Peggy said...

Hope;

Congratulations my friend, 500 posts. A big achievement...
and of course. for you, I would love to play !!!!

Titus said...

Be back to read properly when more alert and receptive, but yes, of course I'll play! Honoured to be asked.

Titus said...

Oops, and congratulations on the big Five-Oh-Oh.

hope said...

Warden: glad you're game!

Charlie: I feel special that you'd notice. :)

Dan: the answer to that would be a single story, but it was told in three posts, starting with this one.
http://hope-theroadlesstraveled.blogspot.com/2007/11/reaching-into-past.html

Thom: I actually went and ask Hubby about #4 and he said the same thing I'd thought, "Living or dead?" :)

Monkey Man: I'll get you next time. ;)

Thank y'all kindly, Miss Sav.

Bill, wasn't even sure you were unpacked enough but since Thom didn't get ya...

You're welcome steven! I actually had a blog for 2 years with a similar name but I let the bad stuff at work drag it down, so I put it out of its mercy. Then I wanted to "talk" again, so I had to add "hope" to the title.

Peggy, only if you feel like it...I know life's been hectic for you.

Titus, I figured you'd throw something at me considering the work you're doing! But NOT a copy of your lovely book...too much love gone into that project to heave it at a computer screen. :)

mapstew said...

This is my fourth attempt at leaving a reply, Blogger is being a right bollix tonight! I wonder if it's trying to stop me from giving true answers??

moondustwriter said...

I'm games it's finding 8. Glad they get to chose

Thanks

samurai said...

Thank you for sharing 8) An enjoyable read.

Titus said...

Brilliant. You've started my mind whirring already, and it's late here! I'd love to play, but it might not be until the end of the week as big small things happening here.
And all I can say is, start saving the air fare now, as there's a spare bedroom (well, playroom, but that's easily sorted) here. Just one problem. We may argue over the toilet paper.

hope said...

Titus, the playroom wouldn't be the problem...more like trying to get me to cross the ocean. :) But one day, who knows?

And we'd be FINE about the toilet paper as when I answered that I was thinking it was wrong. I just changed a roll and it is OVER, not under.

See, we're compatible. :)

Rachel Fox said...

Quite flattered to be in the famous people bit...not for the fame, you understand, but for the desire to meet. Be careful what you wish for, that's all I'm saying!
x