My life generally works like that. And why do anything the normal way and come up with some great, earth shattering post for #500? No, I'm allowing myself to be led down the Silly Path by Thom. He tagged me for the following quick questions while bribing me at the same time: we get to guess how many of his 8 will respond....and the winner will be rewarded.
I'll play, cause it's a holiday weekend, and I'll name my 8...but they don't have to play unless they want to. So to the questions.
1. Why did you start blogging? Because someone basically dared me. My exact reply was, "Like the world needs another blog!" And yet 5 years later....
2. If you could travel anywhere in the world with no restriction of costs, where would it be and why? Always wanted to see Australia and no, I have no idea why. Right now I'd be content with a week off from work.
3. Did you have a teacher in school that had a great influence on your life? If so, what? Yes, more than one but all were English teachers who encouraged me to write. 2 of them I wrote Thank You notes to when my first article was published...the 3rd one I couldn't locate.
4. If you could spend the day with a famous person, who would it be, and what would you do? I'm having trouble with this one because society's definition of "famous people" generally doesn't interest me. If given the choice between the U.S. President and my friends the Scottish poets, I'd pick Hugh, Rachel and JoAnne, hands down! :) I'd be content to just listen. [after I finished asking questions, of course].
5. Toilet paper – over or under? Under.
6. Name one thing in your life that you would do over if possible. My major in college. I would've let heart [Journalism] win out over head [Teaching]. Ironically there were no teaching jobs when I graduated.
7. Tell about your pets – if any. 2 male Chocolate Labs: a father, Smokey, and his son, Boudreaux. But don't tell them they're pets. They just believe I drive the car because I'm the tallest of us 3.
8. Do you live in a small town or a large town. Small...thankfully!