Saturday, August 14, 2010

Hi World!

Why yes, I DO know how to post more than on Mondays and Fridays.  But this week I've been slaying dragons, escaped imprisonment by Trolls and fumbled around, looking for an Exit.

Okay.  I've been verbally sparring with Auntie's Bank concerning her estate, the Summer Program is finally over and I've been lost under an invisible dome of Stephen King's making.

But didn't it sound more exciting the first way?

Actually, a lot of what I'd planned to do was put off by these balls of fluff evolving into electric, spitting fury.



From drought to monsoon season.  Yep, that's the sunny, sweltering south in August.  And as I type, it's starting to rumble again, meaning I need to get off the computer earlier than I'd like.  But once you've lost a modem or two to lightning strikes, you learn to unplug the phone line!


Is it just me or does this shot look like something out of a Stephen King novel?

14 comments:

Thom said...

It actually looks like there is a face in the clouds :) Isn't it a bitch dealing with banks and such of the deceased. Nothing is easy any more. And BTW your sign in to leave a comment is better. But you still can't leave just your name and URL to comment with. Just an FYI :)

Fay's Too said...

The hole in the cloud makes me believe in Jack and his beanstalk.

steven said...

i see light falling down from the clouds . . . . too relaxed from a long summer i guess! steven

savannah said...

we've been watching the sky all day here! a bit of thunder and humid as hell, but only a tiny sprinkle of rain. it really is africa hot here! cali was damn cold compared to this~and i LOVED it! xoxoxoxoxo

hope said...

Thom it's a toss up between the bank's Tango and the siblings impatience. :)

Fay: maybe THAT's what's trying to grow in the field next door this year.

steven, the 2nd photo always makes me think that God is "looking through the keyhole" and wondering, "Hey, what's with all the noise?!" :)

Savannah today the humidity was so thick I swear you could WALK on it! Then came one of those rattle the window thunderstorms. Had one every other day this week.

Monkey Man said...

Nasty looking storm, but I love thunder and lightning. Good luck with Auntie's bank.

mapstew said...

I see three faces in the clouds. But then again, I just saw two faces in the mirror! (hic!)

Have a happy Sunday! :¬)

xxx

Ponita in Real Life said...

Looks like the clouds from the War of the Worlds movie with Tom Cruise.... maybe there are aliens hanging out up there!

hope said...

Monkey Man, me too! We have some fantastic light displays out here when the weather is stormy.

Map, sit down slowly and have a great weekend! ;)

Pon, for some reason, an alien presence wouldn't amaze me. :) Then again, isn't Tom Cruise suppose to be one? ;)

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

The clouds look so menacing, I hope you didn't get too much storm. Yes I can see Stephen in the Clouds.

Jingle said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/15/poetry-awards-4thursday-poets-rally-week-26-plus-more/

two awards on the bottom for you,
the most creative blogger award,
u r a rare friend award....
cheers!

Scott said...

whew evil skies indeed, dramatic photo, love it!

Susan at Stony River said...

Those clouds are SCARY. We're supposed to have some thunderstorms this week, and wouldn't you know it, we had a date with an excursion train. GRRRR...

I'm glad the summer program is behind you now! And good luck with the banks --

janasathish said...

the pic is too good,nice one.
http://allfreesearches.blogspot.com