Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chalk one up for Art for the Masses

Every now and then I get an amazing e-mail from my friend Claudie that I have to share.  This is one of those.  



The artist in question is Julian Beever from the U.K., who uses chalk on sidewalks to capture the public's attention.  The amazing thing to remember is THESE ARE ALL FLAT SIDEWALKS!  To cool you off in the summer heat, I've picked a few water themed ones.




Visit the artist himself, above,  here for some more amazing work!

9 comments:

Thom said...

I have seen these before. As a matter of fact posted them. They are wonderful to look at. Love 'em.

steven said...

i am always astonished by beever's work - whether i've seen it before posted it before - whatever! it's skilfull, magical, clever, cool. thanks for upping them here. steven

savannah said...

great stuff! perfect for our weather, sugar! ;) xoxoxoxox

Titus said...

Beyond cool!

Janie B said...

I wish I had that kind of talent! Amazing work! Too bad it disappears with a good rain.

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

I've seen these before as well, but awesome to look at anytime.

Warden Files said...

Superlative.

EG Wow said...

Incredible work!

moondustwriter said...

It is incredible and life-like
glad you shared