Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday 55

It's time to play "Write a story in 55 words". When you do, be sure to let the G-Man know, then kindly visit as many 55ers as you can.



55 word stories were quite the challenge for someone who

loathed the phrase “500 words or less”.


Every Friday, her brain’s “Editor function” steadily sharpened.

Thinking harder didn’t mean cutting corners.


She read and commented on other 55 works.

Laughed.

Cried.

Learned.

For a while, it was fun.


Until, defeated by WoRd VeRiFic8TioN, she surrendered.



And sadly, fiction has become reality. I'm giving up Friday 55. I simply don't have the time to "play fair"....which to me means if you post, you should go and read others. And I LOVE reading what each of you writes. But the number of sites which have been forced to choose Word Verification has become too numerous and those @!*# words are getting longer and longer. And yes, I'm tired of having to re-type those stupid words because the squiggly "l" melded into a "t" and I typed an "H". When frustration replaces the reason you came to play, it's time to take your toys and walk back home with a little self respect still in tact.


Oh, I'll probably pop in from time to time. So have a great Friday....EVERY Friday.

7 comments:

g-man said...

Hope...
Can I tell you something?
There are many many Friday 55ers that visit NO ONE!!
You do it for FUN, you do whats meaningful to you!!
Please reconsider your decision. You are a wonderful person with a very creative mind.
Your 55's are always very cool.
Thanks for playing (maybe for the last time...*sniff*) and have a Kick Ass Week-End...Galen

Brian Miller said...

ack. i cant stand word verification...i know there are some times i get it right and it just kicks it back to spite me. sorry to hear you wont be around 55s....: (

Monkey Man said...

Just removed the Word Verification from my comment center. They are annoying and, frankly, I had forgotten it was a part of my settings. Have a great Friday.

Titus said...

No! You can't stop! Listen to the g-man!

This week's Poetry Bus Challenge is to write using verification words. I've been collecting them.

Jingle said...

reflective 55.
hope that you come back and stay after a break...
take good care.

mapstew said...

Aw! Dn't do it!

(WV = 'stupidhopebitch')

:¬)

xxx

hope said...

G-man, you're a good fella. I will think about it. I don't mind writing the stories, I'm just afraid I'd feel bad if I didn't go visiting...like I wasn't keeping up my part of the bargain.

Brian, I've actually given up sometimes after the 3rd try. We'll see if G-man wears me down or not.

Monkey Man: good for you! I'll visit shortly.

Titus...if you can absolve me of the guilt of not visiting others, I may still write them. ;)

Thanks Jingle..you're sweet!

Map...I'm speechless. Or maybe I'm just SpEEcHesS. ;)