...THOM made me do it! (Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) Yes, I know Sunday is Mother's Day here. My Mom is at the beach and Hubby's Mom is coming over tomorrow so we can cook for her. DaBoys (chocolate labs Smokey & Bou) have promised not to nag me about feeding them, scratching their bellies, playing ball, letting them out, letting them in or feeding them again between naps as my gift. Oh, and I'm allowed to play on the computer without Bou knocking my hand off the keyboard as he then deftly slides it back so he can put his head in my lap.
Sunday Stealing originated on WTIT: The Blog authored by Bud Weiser. Bottom line is we get to steal all types of memes from every corner of the blogosphere....but only interesting and intelligent memes. Rules include crediting the blog that we stole it from and we will “fess up” to the blog owner where we stole the meme. (I've already alerted Thom). Sometimes the original is edited to make it more relevant to global players, to challenge players, select the best questions, or simply to make it less repetitive. Today's meme was um...borrowed from a blogger named Nige Lowrey at the blog Nige’s Page a’ Rage. He admits to nicking one of Rol’s memes, but didn't leave a link. So, here we go!
Sunday Stealing – The Speed Dating Meme
1. What’s your favorite Dr. Seuss book? Oh The Places You'll Go
2. If you could live in any home on a television series, what would it be? Ponderosa (And no, I never did like Little Joe...although Adam was cute)
3. What’s the longest you’ve gone without sleep? 24 hours; working during Hurricane Hugo
4. What’s your favorite Barry Manilow song? Copacabana....I know, the shame.
5. Who’s your favorite Muppet? Beaker
6. What’s the habit you’re proudest of breaking? Chewing my nails as a kid.
7. What’s your favorite website? Why yours of course...(whoever you are, as you read my blog)
8. What’s your favorite school supply? Paper
9. Who’s your favorite TV attorney? Craig T. Nelson played one a long time ago; can't remember the name of the series.
10. What was your most recent trip of more than 50 miles? To work.
11. What’s the best bargain you’ve ever found at a garage sale or junk shop? A chair; which turned out to be more of an antique than I realized.
12. Where were you on September 11, 2001? At home, with the flu.
13. What’s your favorite tree? Pecan
14. What’s the most interesting biography you’ve read? The Last Lecture
15. What do you order when you eat Chinese food? Sweet & Sour Chicken
16. What’s the best costume you’ve ever worn? Not big on costumes.
17. What’s your least favorite word? No
18. If you had to be named after one of the 50 states, which would it be? Carolina. (South, of course)
19. Who’s your favorite bear? Dancing Bear. (Okay all you youngsters, go look it up. Start with Captain Kangaroo....and don't laugh at my childhood!)
20. Describe something that’s happened to you for which you have no explanation. People tell me things. I mean strangers, telling me personal stuff. I guess it's because I sit still...and listen without interrupting.
21. If you could travel anywhere in Africa, where would it be? Wherever those weird looking trees in National Geo specials grow.
22. What did you have for lunch yesterday? Baked chicken and mashed potatoes. Why?
23. Where do you go for advice? Hubby
24. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus? Dictionary
25. Have you ever been snorkeling? Scuba diving? No
Okay, you're next.