Friday, May 7, 2010

Friday 55.....finally!

It's time to play "Write a story in 55 words ". When you do, be sure to let the G-Man know, then visit as many 55ers as you can. I know, I know, it's been a couple of weeks. I need an "I Survived" t-shirt.



"I know you're tired," she smiled sympathetically
as he watched her wearily.
"Long week."

He nodded all knowingly.
Although he appeared solemn,
there was a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

"If there was an Employee of the Month
for Guardian Angels,"
she added, "you'd ALWAYS win.
Guess you'd be thankful if I'd just sit still."


Well of course I have a Guardian Angel. Nope, not the haloed, soft focus, floating feathery being of the "Now, be good!" variety. Mine is a big guy (yes, GUY!) built like Conan the Barbarian with the temperament of Mother Teresa, an ability to deftly wield a sword like Zorro yet gentle enough to clamp his hand over my mouth when necessary. My guess is he's used his hands a lot this week. Oh, and he has a very healthy sense of humor...because no one can be THAT patient. I mentally envision the Archangel Michael calmly stepping between me and whatever I need to be saved from. It's tough when I need to be saved from myself.

He was really busy this week. If you doubt that, read this. Thanks Big Guy!

13 comments:

gregj said...

I need one.

Thanks. Nice piece.

Peggy said...

Does he have a brother who understnds blondes?
Great 55,I missed you and am glad you're back!

Brian Miller said...

ha. yeah mine is taking a breather right now...we kept him on his toes today. nice 55.

Jingle said...

insightful 55.
Happy Friday!

Thom said...

I need one as well. Great 55 my friend. :) Have a wonderful weekend :)

Sh@KiR@ CK said...

He sounds like my hubby..
We are both very blessed, Hope.
I LOVE your 55!
Mine is here
Have a great weekend!
Happy Mother's Day!
hugs
shakira

Monkey Man said...

Archangels are very good guardians to have. Great 55.

hope said...

gregj: I think we could all use one in this day and age. :)

Peggy, I'm sure he must have some brothers. Yeah, I miss you folks too when work messes up my visits with y'all!

Brian: I guess they do deserve a break every now and then. I do sleep. ;)

Thanks Jingle.

Thom, I'm betting all Guardian Angels would like a vacation from us. So how do I break it to my Guardian Angel that I want to go on vacation?

Shakira, my hubby definitely has angelic moments of his own. You're right, we're lucky.

Monkey Man: if you're gonna have one, have one with muscle and power. :) Funny thing is, I once got a book which named your "Guardian Angel" by date of birth. Imagine my surprise to learn mine was the Archangel Michael! Seems St. Mike is also the patron saint of law enforcement [which I was once affiliated with], soldiers and writers. :)

Alice Audrey said...

Are you sure you only have one?

SandyCarlson said...

Wonderful to have such a person in your life. God bless.

Peter Stone said...

Great post, all the things we put our angels through...

Akelamalu said...

Nice tribute 55 Hope. :)

Jingle said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/05/09/sunday-special-awards-for-remarkable-memes-and-participants/

Meme participation award
Happy Sunday!