Friday, April 9, 2010

Friday 55

It's time to play "Write a story in 55 words ". When you do, be sure to let the G-Man know, then visit as many contributors as you can. Think of it as being a good neighbor.



When the hooded figure in the Haz Mat suit
entered the office,
all conversation ceased.

Without awaiting an explanation,
the office gossip fled from the room, screaming.
Terrified, the secretary clutched her purse
as the figure stopped at the last desk.

"New take on Casual Friday?" Dean asked calmly.

"Naw. Finally found something pollen proof."

10 comments:

PattiKen said...

Ah, I suspect someone has an allergy or two. I'm with you on that one. Cute 55.

Yvonne Osborne said...

Oh, this is great! Being an airport employee adds a great deal of emotional depth to this one.

Good job!

I had to check you out since I wasn't the last one to post on G-Man this morning!

mapstew said...

Bloody pollen! (Again!) :¬)

Have a great weekend!

xxx

Thom said...

ROFLMAO!!! You must be suffering so bad to come up with this gem. Well done my friend :) I hope you are getting better. Maybe borrow the suit LOL :)

g-man said...

Hope...
You only have one blog, you really don't need a hyperlink.
Secondly...I LOVED this 55!
You got this theme down pat.
Thank you for visiting, thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

Vodka Logic said...

aww I hate the pollen too..


my 55 is up

Brian Miller said...

hahaha. love it. and could totally see it. smiles. great 55. have a wonderful weekend!

KB said...

Too funny :)

hope said...

PattiKen: a wise woman you are. :)

YvonneO: wow, an airport employee? That's a tough job.

Map, we got a little rain...washed the first layer off. ;)

Thom I'm beginning to wonder how much those suits cost.

g-man, thanks for challenging my brain.

VodkaLogic: now if only I drank...

BrianMiller: I thought about your wife too when I wrote this. You suppose they make a girlie version of that suit?

Thanks KB...funnier to write about than put up with but laughing helps.

Mojo said...

It's no better up here just north of ya either. Tis the season of the Yellow Haze.

I hadn't considered a Haz Mat suit. Not a bad idea...