Sunday, March 7, 2010

Go Fly A Kite!

That was the Boss' rallying cry for Saturday. I didn't actually fly one, but I registered all those who participate in this annual event. Some families come every a year. So I started my own family tradition and brought the nephew. We got him a kite [he picked out a blue plane] and away he went. Kites sailing up in the atmosphere, up where the air is clear.

[Hats off to anyone who recognizes that last line!]

Look, up in the sky! A giant, colorful butterfly.


So I didn't get much reading done [Sorry my Friday 55 friends!] or writing either. And I'll probably miss Microfiction Monday as well this week as we're going to dinner with the Mom-in-law in a few minutes, meaning I have run out of free weekend time. But I leave you with this thought for the coming week:

PEACE!

11 comments:

Titus said...

Mary Poppins? Is there a prize?

Beautiful kite and beautiful skies, hope dinner is good, and peace coming right back at you!

Thom said...

Those are beautiful kites. Have a good time :)

Susan at Stony River said...

What great photos! A blue plane is a splendid choice. We haven't flown kites in a long time.

That's funny because just a few hours ago we were all trying to remember the Banks kids' names. We got Jane first, but why are they so hard to remember?

hope said...

Titus: dinner was good but you were better! :) I had that record as a kid, sung by Ed Wynn...it had "I Love to Laugh" on the flipside. Funny thing is, I still know all the words! Hmmm, wonder what we can find for you?

Thom, there were so many colors in the sky it was wild!

Susan, I remember the oddest things. But to this day, when someone says "go fly a kite," I hear Ed Wynn singing that song!

Monkey Man said...

I bet that was a beautiful event. The sample you give us with the photos speaks to the rainbows that must have been scattered throughout the sky. Nice.

mapstew said...

I haven't flown a kite in years, what a good idea!
Enjoy your dinner date.
Now, do I buy one, or make one? :¬)

xxx

savannah said...

hope y'alls weekend was as lovely as those kites, sugar! mary poppins, of course! delish! xoxox

hope said...

Monkey Man, I took over 75 photos! But that's the joy of digital: I kicked out what didn't come out well, edited out people trying to step into frame and it made me look like a great photographer. ;)

Map, you creative types could probably come up with one yourself. Heck, put your face on it and use it for advertising. Now if only you could make it sing. ;)

hope said...

Oops, missed savanah! Yes, seems we girls were more impressed with "Mary Poppins" than the boys. It was a nice weekend! Now if only the next weekend will get here quickly. :)

The Boyfriend Shopper said...

Awesome kites, I'm loving your blog. I'll definitely be following.

Check out mine, I think you'd like it as well!

http://theboyfriendshopper.blogspot.com/

Facebook: Madison BoyfriendShopper
Email: theboyfriendshopper@live.com

hope said...

Boyfriend Shopper, thanks for coming by.