Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday 55

Why yes, even in these economically challenged times, you CAN write a story in 55 words. And if you do, please let the G-Man know you came to play.



“Who’s that?” the old woman whispered fearfully,
pointing out the kitchen window as the sun set.

“Where?”

“There!” she hissed.
“To the right of the tree.
Quick, before he turns and see us!”

Standing behind his Grandma,
he peered at the shrub’s silhouette and sighed.
It was definitely time to get Granny some new glasses.



I took this in our backyard one year at sunset.
Only creative types grin and ask "who" does that silhouette belong to?
I once joked it was my Guardian Angel.
Given the look I got, I didn't say it out loud again.

But who knows?
Maybe it really is.

11 comments:

Titus said...

Brilliant! I can see a doggy and a castle too.

Susan at Stony River said...

Oh boy LOL That revisits my driving lessons. One day I said, 'Oh no, I forgot my glasses' and he said, 'Don't worry, we're just in a parking lot, you'll be fine for one day. Now, drive along the front of the building, and as we go, tell me of any potential dangers you see.' After a minute I said, 'The child on the sidewalk might run out in front of me.' He said, 'What child?' I said, 'The child in the red snowsuit, on the corner.' Then he said 'Stop the car, we're going back to get your glasses. That's a fire hydrant!'

xox

Alicia said...

Cute. And yes, please get Granny some glasses.




Mine has a granny too.

Brian Miller said...

lol. granny is always fun like that...mine used to be at least. nice 55.

mine is up!

g-man said...

Hope...
I truly believe that I have a Guardian Angel...Really!
Loved your 55.
I feel very blessed to read such great talent every Friday, It's a very fun job!
You Rock The Eastern Seaboard!!
Have a Kick Ass Week-End....G

Peter Stone said...

Great 55, its amazing what we 'see' when we don't have glasses that work.

When driving in the country once, my wife, who was not wearing her glasses, said she loved the country because of all the sheep in the fields. I told her kindly that they were hay bales. (and then laughed myself silly...)

Mona said...

LOl! yes that could be so without one's glasses!

PattiKen said...

What? you mean there's no one there??? (Better go clean my glasses!) This was delightful.

My post is up here.

pilgrimchick said...

Great story--and fabulous photo!

Thom said...

ACK.. I better put some glasses on. Wonderful 55 my friend :)

hope said...

Thanks to all of you!

Work related duties this weekend...not every day that the Boss tells you to go fly a kite, but that's sorta what we did. Saturday was our annual kite flying event. Here it is Sunday and I'm STILL trying to play catch up!

Hope everyone has a great week!