Thursday, December 10, 2009

Friday 55

Yes, time to take a moment away from shopping, wrapping, mailing and all that other fa-la-la-la-la stuff to write a story in 55 words. With that short of a count, you can make time too. Just make sure you tell the G-man that you played along.



She was in holiday mode.
Baking cookies, wrapping gifts, singing carols.
And then, right on schedule, it struck.


Somebody had to schedule the exchange of gifts.

Everybody believed her name was Somebody.

Unfortunately, no one wanted to compromise.

Following the annual tradition… she caved.

“Peace on Earth,” she sighed. “But not at the dinner table.”


Ah, the only time I was ever tall...er.
Ho, Ho, Ho!

8 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

LOL!!
Poor Somebody!

Oh boy, what our families put us through at Christmas---I hope yours is going to be wonderful this year anyhow!

Brian Miller said...

cute pic...and yes poor somebody! nice festive 55!

mine is up!

Thom said...

Awww poor Somebody! Wonderful 55 my friend. Well done :) Have a wonderful Friday :)

Dan said...

Hope, you are always so bloody good at these it makes me want to puke.

So I did.

Happy now?!!!

G-Man said...

I guess it's better than being Nobody!
Excellent 55 My Dear..
You turn out Quality stories every week, and I'm much obliged for your visits.
Thank You so much, and have a Kick Ass Week-End....Galen

Titus said...

Love these! Seasonal flavour and a laugh (thank you!), and as the G-Man says, definitely better than being Nobody.

hope said...

Susan, I'll do my best. Here's wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas!

Brian, I'm beginning to think it's a girl thing. :) Off to check yours out.

Thanks Thom...I'm trying to play catch up now and read everyone.

Dan, we all have to be good at something. And since my "something" isn't math....hope your stomach feels better. ;)

G-man, you may not know it, but your 55s were a gift to me. I needed a challenge...preferably one that didn't involve say, mountain climbing. ;)

Titus, I'd be willing to be you are the "somebody" at your house. ;)

Peggy said...

Great story Hope, it broght back memories. My Mom lived with my grandparents for a whole after I was born and she would tell me that her nickname was "somebody"
My grandmother used to say..."would somebody wash the dishes, would somebody set the table..." So i guess there is at least one "somebody" in every family!