Thursday, December 3, 2009

Friday 55: dedicated to Dr. John

What better way to be fiscally responsible in these economically challenged times than to write a story using only 55 words? [Bet politicians can't do that!] Once you're done, make sure you visit the G-Man and tell him how you're helping to make the world smile, 55 words at a time.

Now this 55 comes with a Confession. Lots of weird things from my childhood have stuck in the corners of my mind, including jokes which were real groaners. This one, pared down to a 55, is lovingly dedicated to Dr. John. I bow at your feet, Master Punster and Guardian of the Groaner. (And I apologize in advance to me Irish pals...you'll understand why).



The old, red bearded Russian known as Rudolph the Red stared out the window at the grey skies. As tiny drops of moisture hit the icy window pane he sighed, “Rain.”

“No,” corrected his wife. “Snow.”

“Rain!”

“Snow!”

With a huff the man turned toward his wife and declared, “Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear.”

12 comments:

clean and crazy said...

ha,ha,ha,hee, i love it!! great 55 very, very clever indeed!! mine is up too

Chef Kar said...

I love it ~ The Master of Pun will be very, very proud, I'm sure!


I'm up:

Friday Flash 55 ~ Sobering 55

Susan at Stony River said...

ROFL Dr. John's trained you well! This has been a great 55 week of people getting into the Christmas spirit, I love that.

It's still raining here, I mean 'dear'.
:-P

Susan

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Heheheheh, Dr John will be Proud.

"Rudolph the Red knows Rain Dear". hahahahhahahahah

Brian Miller said...

oh my...lol. that is an amazing 55! tis the season!

mine is up!

Thom said...

OMG...this is so clever. Dr. John is going to love this :) Well done my friend :)

Dulce said...

he he he: really good and what a nice tribute to dear Dr!

Dan said...

Best one yet.

I can see that in a Christmas cracker somehwere.

Brilliant!

Titus said...

You should be ashamed of yourself!

I'm ashamed of myself for not seeing it coming! Masterful build-up before the final lines.

Season's greetings.

g-man said...

Only yours made sense today!
A fine tribute indeed!
Excellent seasonal 55 My Dear.
Thanks for the smile, I needed that.
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End...G

hope said...

clean & crazy, can't take total credit but it is seasonal. :)

Chef, I do hope the Master will be pleased. Going to see what you've cooked up.

Susan; we had Irish weather this morning but the sun has come out. I'll try to bottle some up and send it your way.

Bill; at the very least I hope he doesn't pretend he doesn't visit here. ;)

Brian, funny how childhood sticks around. Will be checking you out soon..worked more than usual this weekend.

Thom, I don't know why it popped into my head one day...I've been sitting on it, waiting for this season of sharing to gift it to Dr. John. ;)

Thanks Dulce...some things are too silly to keep to one's self.

Dan, I LOVE Christmas crackers! When I was little, the kid across from me had an English Mum. We always had crackers for his birthday. Never saw them again until the British Wives brought them to their Christmas Tea. I keep mine to share each year with the young nephew.

Titus, I blame it on Dr. John for being such a punny influence. Seasons greetings right back at ya!

G-Man, it makes my week knowing I have given you a smile when you've given me the gift of learning to stop using so many words. :)

江美琪Maggie said...

That's actually really cool!AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,做愛,成人遊戲,免費成人影片,成人光碟