Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday...at least it's downhill from here

After a week's vacation, followed by being ill the first 2 days of this week, my Supervisor greeted me this morning with, "What are you doing here?"

Oh the urge to reply, "I don't know. I ask myself that all the time."

"We have a Staff Meeting," I replied, taking my place at the table.

She sat down next to me and added, "Well, I heard you were running a temperature. Are you sure it was just a cold?" No, she wasn't showing concern. This was code for "You don't have the Swine Flu, do you?"

I assured her I was fine and to ignore the fact I sounded like a frog who'd been smoking cigars and drinking rot gut whiskey. She nodded.

Then she changed my schedule yet again, adding more work.

Yeah, that'll cure me.

When I arrived home I had this silly little gem from my best friend Claudie. Yes it's a stupid stereotype but it made me laugh. And laughter is just what the doctor would've ordered had I actually gone to one.

There had been a problem with her password.
During a password audit, the blonde was asked why her password MickeyMinniePlutoHueyLoueyDeweyDonaldGoofy was so long.

Rolling her eyes the Blonde replied, "Hello! It must be at least eight characters!"

Here's wishing that your week speeds along without bumps and Friday is quickly here to embrace you.

10 comments:

Janie B said...

Funny joke. I'll have to pass it on.

Matthew said...

Ah yes, the illness. Same here - but you know that already. My mother-in-law was convinced I had swine flu too. Paranoia - great isn't it?! :)

steven said...

hello hope - it's so hard to find joy in work when there are those around you who behave so poorly and without compassion. however, find your joy - easy words but i've been there and done that - in the little things that you know are good and that you are good at. have a peaceful day. steven

Dan. said...

About a month ago, six of my friends who I went on a night out with ended up with swine flu. I had to go into self isolation for about a week and a half. Didn't see anyone.

Things went a bit weird.

Great joke by the way. I'm going to have to remember that one.

And I hope you feel better soon matey.

Susan at Stony River said...

Love the joke!
HATE that job and supervisor!

I'll be so happy the day I hear you've got a better place to go to. Here's to weekends, almost there!

the broken down barman said...

whats wrong with smoking ceegaars and drinking gut rot?? Many of my closest friends smoke ceegaars and i have been known to partake in the odd gut rot, on the rocks, from time to time...........

Titus said...

Why is that funny?
from the blonde.

hope said...

Janie B...sadly, I know people like that.

Matthew, hope you're feeling better too. What would we do without family and paranoia? ;)

steven, my goal is like the doctor's motto, "First, do no harm". :) I just keep telling myself that there's something better out there, I just have to be patient a while longer. As long as I'm not 65 when I find it. :)

Thanks Dan. You always make me smile when I need it most. I may um...need to borrow those Ninjas one day. ;)

Susan, I am now concentrating on my Friday 55...and trying not to panic because Friday is here faster than anticipated. :) Thanks for the sympathy...it does help. No, that's not M&Ms I'm stuffing in my mouth.

Barman the visual of me [if you only had one] doing the ceegar and rot gut bit would be hilarious even beyond the fact I don't drink or smoke. I keep envisioning me sounding and walking like John Wayne in that situation. ;0

Titus the Dog may be blonde, but Titus the Poet looks more like Greer Garson, who definitely had a more strawberry tint to her hair. :)

Titus said...

So kind!
Anyway, to help you celebrate Friday you must e-mail me your address; I collected a full set of National Poetry Day (UK) postcards for you which can be posted toot sweet!

Peggy said...

Love love love ... stupid stereotypical humor, yes I do.
Sometimes it's the only way to release frustration. I can always bang my head later, why not start with laughter.
If your boss lady knew you were not feeling well and she was just a mediocre boss she would have lightened your load....GRRRRRR
Hope you're feeling better soon!!!!!