Thursday, October 1, 2009

Time for another REALLY short story

I almost let Friday slip past me! It's amazing how many things I can find to do when I don't have to be at my work desk. But I couldn't let a Friday pass without carrying on the G-man's tradition. Make sure you let him know if you write one of these 55 word stories.


He settled into the car. She asked about his day.

Better than Wednesday, when a substitute employee had terrorized them, he replied.

He questioned her driving. He liked questions. But his statement caught her off guard.

“I love you,” he announced cheerfully.

Only nine, yet her nephew already knew how to win a woman’s heart.

8 comments:

Alice Audrey said...

That's one smooth 9 year old. :)

Mine is here.

G-Man said...

This is so sweet Hope...
Excellent 55..
I'm just tickled pink that you thought about a Flash 55 While on vacation..You Rock The World!!
Have fun....Galen

Susan at Stony River said...

What a cutie! I love him from way over here. Writing it down sounds like a wonderful way to wrap up your vacation week too.

Mona said...

LOL! I love the twist in the end!

Substitute employee! :D that must be his teacher! :D

hope said...

Alice A.; he's an only child and we joke that one day he's going to wonder why there aren't women still taking photos of him. :)

G-man, how else would I keep up with the week without you? It's sweeter because it's true.

Susan, he's quite the character. Kept bragging yesterday that he literally has only an inch before he's taller than me!

Mona, you are correct. He was bemoaning the fact that he'd had a substitute teacher one day who "was so terrible she terrorized us." Seems yesterday's teacher was better.

Titus said...

Just that word "cheerfully" made the whole thing for me! Brilliant.

Janie B said...

Awesome story! I need to try that someday (the 55 word thing).

Chef Kar said...

That's an "awwwww" 55. Vacation or not, perfect reading!

Mine are here. Have a great weekend.

Chef Kar