Friday, October 9, 2009

Flash 55....fizzles this week

At this point, it feels as if I've gone through 55 boxes of tissue trying to get the tail end of this head cold out of my system. Sadly, it appears my body is a swell vacation spot for those germs, so Head Cold felt no hurry to vacate.

However, I've sent it an eviction notice. This afternoon, it appears Head Cold is packing his bags and moving out.

So next week, when my head doesn't feel as if it's underwater, I promise to play the 55 game. At least this will give me a little more time to go read what the rest of you wrote.

Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

Aw, c'mon now, THAT could have been cut to 55 I think and posted just fine!

Just kidding---I hope you're feeling better very soon and that you're having a good weekend before you know it!

Dulce said...

Waiting...

hope said...

Susan, I have the "man gene" for being sick...."What?! It's been 24 hours already. Why am I still sick?!" Dang, wish I'd have thought of making it a 55...see, I'm not working with proper tools yet. :)

Dulce...you're sweet. No, I really mean that, no pun intended. :)

Matthew said...

I was going to comment, but then I saw your derogatory remarks about the man gene and took umbrage.

So I went off and had a sulky hissyfit instead. I guess you could call it my woman gene. ;)

hope said...

Gee Matthew, that was actually a compliment...backhanded though it may seem. I AGREE that illness should be gone in 24 hours.

It's okay. I didn't get the shopping gene, nor the shoe gene either. Take after my Dad more than Mom on that one. :)

Bill ~ {The Old Fart} said...

Hope you are feeling better soon. I didn't realize that you were not feeling well.

Janie B said...

Oohhh...feel better!

hope said...

Bill & Janie...pollen season is bad enough. A recent spring diagnosis of asthma wasn't great. But add the head cold from hell and I feared the headlines would read, "Woman drowns on dry land". :)

I'm better than yesterday, so at least I'm headed in the right direction. Thanks!

Poetikat said...

The blowing stage of a cold is often the worst, isn't it? At least, it is the most wearing and tedious and frustrating. You just want to scream, don't you? Hope you're feeling better now, Hope.

hope said...

Thanks Kat...although I feel like trees everywhere are angry with me because of all the tissue I've used this week!

It's getting better...slowly!