Friday, June 19, 2009

I'm M-e-l-t-i-n-g!

Okay. It's almost 6 p.m. and it's 91 degrees. Yep, you read that right. That also means it was about 97 degrees at some point today and I'm lucky I didn't just spontaneously ignite. Or melt to the car seat. And that's without factoring in the heat index, which means the temperature generally feels 4-5 degrees hotter than the old thermometer states.

Really, once it gets above 95 degrees does it really matter that hot "feels" hotter?

So if I don't post tomorrow, it's because I melted. Because tomorrow, they're calling for 102 degrees. You do the math for the "heat index" figure...I can't bear to think about it. And to think "Summer" doesn't actually arrive until Sunday!

Actually, think I'll just go find something cold to drink... and use a picture of icebergs as my screen saver.

I'll let you know if the icebergs melt.

2 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

I had the central heating on today. What is this "summer" of which you speak??

Wanna trade?

:-(

Rachel Fox said...

I'm a centigrade person...about 36C according to an online calculator thing.

Fairly warm...
x