Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Flash 55

This week's offering came about from reading Susan's recent discussion on why we have blogs and the resulting effect they have on us.






Reading was her comfort food.

The week’s menu, however, brought indigestion. Revelations of premature death. Jobs murdered by the economy. A garden forgotten. A college bound child’s plan evaporating. One soul depressed. Another AWOL.

Yet a military motto silently whispered, “leave no one behind.” These invisible friends were her passport to humanity. Minus an agenda.

8 comments:

Susan at Stony River said...

Wow. It *has* been a rough week for us all, hasn't it? I loved recognising who's who in the list--and the last line's just wonderful.

Uh oh....new post brewing...you've spawned something!! eeeeeekkk!

And where the heck is Terence these days?

Hon, that was a great 55. Can't wait until next Friday now. Something tells me my anticipation is logical...

hope said...

Thanks. It was a really weird week and I did write this prior to all the stupidity of my Governor and the deaths of Farah Fawcett & Michael Jackson.

As for next time,your logic is....fascinating. :)

Let's just say I mentioned that I'd received an "international" request for that photo to be included in a written piece. The next e-mail will be explaining why Zombie's will be dining... on him. ;)

Mona said...

wow! that is thought provoking!

hope said...

Thanks Mona! Come back and visit any time. :)

Akelamalu said...

Oh that's a fabulous 55! It sums up blogging.

Thanks for visiting me and commenting, I hope you'll drop by again. :)

G-Man said...

Hello Hope...
Thanks a lot for your wonderful participation this week,
And I LOVED your 55!!!
Please join in the fun next Friday.
Galen

ciara said...

powerful 55. great job. :)

hope said...

Thanks folks...glad to know I'm qualified to play in your backyards. :)