Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sound Familiar?

For those of you who feel the pain at work...or the fear work might vanish while you're looking the other way. Mom sent this to me to give me a giggle and well some...hope.


Inevitable Laws of Work

To err is human; to forgive is not our policy.

Anyone can do any amount of work
provided it isn't the work they're supposed to be doing.


Important letters that contain no errors will develop errors in the mail.

You are always doing something marginal
when the boss drops by your desk.


People who go to conferences are the ones who shouldn't.

If it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done.

When you don't know what to do, walk fast and look worried.

Following the rules will not get the job done.

Getting the job done is no excuse for not following the rules.

No matter how much you do, you never do enough.

When confronted by a difficult problem you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"


The last person that was fired or quit
will be held responsible for everything that goes wrong.

If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.
If you are really good, you will get out of it.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Personally, I'm going to borrow that Lone Ranger one. I like his style, especially the way he beat it before anyone could discover the flaw in his solution. HI HO SILVER, AWAAAAAY!!!!

Yeah, it'll work for me.
LOL

hope said...

Susan I though specifically of you when I read the Lone Ranger quote!

Personally, I appear to be the last one. Guess I need to get REALLY good. :)

Kim Ayres said...

Yup, that good old last minute! Where would we be without it?